Educators can no longer assume that their institution or current educators legal liability policy will defend them should a lawsuit arise from their academic duties. Currently, the insurance marketplace offers minimal protection for chemical educators by excluding Contingent Bodily Injury and Pollution Liability from their standard educator’s legal liability policies. The ACS Chemical Educators Legal Liability plan was developed to address the needs of chemical educators.
The new plan specifically covers Contingent Bodily Injury and Pollution Liability. The plan will help educators protect themselves against risks within classrooms, teaching and research labs and community outreach activities. Additionally, it will also provide broad coverage to address the exposures of high school, undergrad and instructional staff and faculty employed by private, public, charter and higher educational institutions.
- The Chemical Educators Legal Liability serves as a primary insurance for individuals, over and above the coverage provided by the institution.
- A liability limit of $1,000,000 from professional liability lawsuits.
- Sublimit at $500,000 for Pollution Liability with option to increase limit to $1,000,000.
- Sublimit at $500,000 for Contingent Liability with option to increase limit to $1,000,000.
- Sublimit of $25,000 for Sexual Harassment
- Sublimit of $250,000 for Intellectual Property.
- Plan covers claims brought against an insured and reported to the insurer during the policy term
*Refer to the policy for complete details, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations and exclusions.