Business Owners Policy (BOP) – Includes a number of Property and Liability coverage elements not included in your Professional Liability policy, such as (but not limited to):
- Business Property - Helps cover destroyed or damaged business located in your commercial space, up to the property limit you select when you purchase the policy. Content may include equipment, inventory, furniture and fixtures.
- Business Liability - Coverage in the event your business is responsible for causing harm to a person and/or damage to your client’s property. For example, a client’s employee trips over your equipment and decides to file a lawsuit against your business.
- Loss of Business Income (optional) - Helps cover your expenses if unexpected events cause your operation to be suspended due to a covered cause of loss.
- Employment Practices Liability - Protects your business from employment related claims resulting from alleged or actual acts of (including but not limited to): Discrimination, Harassment, Wrongful Termination, etc.
- Data Breach (optional) – Coverage for defense and liability expenses, available in most states, in the event you’re sued because of a data breach.
Commercial Automobile Liability – Coverage for vehicles used in the course of business or when driven onto a client’s premises. Note, most personal auto insurance policies completely exclude coverage for any business use of a vehicle.
Umbrella Liability – Added layer of protection that provides excess coverage over your Business Owners Policy and/or Commercial Auto Liability policy.
Workers Compensation – Insurance is purchased when a firm has one or more employees, however, sole proprietor are now eligible for coverage.
*Please note: The listed insurance products are subject to Hartford’s policy terms and approval. Refer to the policy for complete details, including features, costs, eligibility, renewability, limitations and exclusions.